My premier rendez-vous with Paris back in december 2009 blossomed into something like a lasting love affair, carving an indelible mark on my mind.
Have you ever thought of moving to Paris?
And why move to Paris anyway, you ask?
Et pourquoi pas?
After having lived here for many years, I’ve come to understand why very few cities are as fabulous as the City of Light, and over the centuries, many, including artists, writers, actors and entrepreneurs have tried to capture its essence through the power of word.
Below are a mere handful of those beautiful quotes about Paris that may really make you want to pack and move here like, right now.
Et oui, Paris!
1. “Every man has two countries, his own and France” - Thomas Jefferson
2. “Everything ends this way in France – everything. Weddings, christenings, duels, burials, swindlings, diplomatic affairs – everything is a pretext for a good dinner.” - Jean Anouilh
3. “I am going to enjoy life in Paris I know. It is so human and there is something noble in the city… It is a real city, old and fine and life plays in it for everybody to see”. - Katherine Mansfield
4. “Paris is so very beautiful that it satisfies in you something that is always hungry in America” - Ernest Hemingway
5. “ To err is human. To loaf is Parisian.” - Victor Hugo
6. “ Every time I look down on this timeless town, whether blue or gray be her skies, whether loud be her cheers, or whether soft be her tears, more and more do I realize that…I love Paris.” –– Ella Fitzgerald
7. “ The Chief danger of Paris is that it’s such a strong stimulant” - T.S Eliot
8. “The whole of Paris is a vast university of Art, Literature and Music... it is worth anyone's while to dally here for years. Paris is a seminar, a post-graduate course in everything.” - James Thurber
9. “America is my country and Paris is my hometown.” - Gertrude Stein
10. “Paris is always a good idea.” - Audrey Hepburn
11. “People wonder why so many writers come to live in Paris. I’ve been living ten years in Paris and the answer seems simple to me: because it’s the best place to pick ideas. Just like Italy, Spain… or Iran are the best places to pick saffron. If you want to pick opium poppies you go to Burma or South-East Asia. And if you want to pick novel ideas, you go to Paris.” - Roman Payne
12. “I like Frenchmen very much, because even when they insult you they do it so nicely.” - Josephine Baker
13. “...France has the only two things toward which we drift as we grow older – intelligence and good manners. “ – F. Scott Fitzgerald
14. “Even the pigeons are dancing, kissing, going in circles, mounting each other. Paris is the city of love, even for the birds.” - Samantha Schutz
15. “Whoever does not visit Paris regularly will never really be elegant.” - Honoré de Balzac
16. “One Day I'm going to Live in Paris” - Unknown
17. "If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a movable feast" - ERNEST HEMINGWAY
Do you want to receive some awesome articles about the joys, challenges, and lessons learned from expatriation adventures in Paris every week?
Don’t worry, you can unsubscribe at anytime.
- Volunteering in Paris: Why, How and Where to Volunteer.
- 7 Top Things That Make Paris Museums Unique
- We Mistakenly Shared A Breitbart’s Article About Paris On Social Media: Here’s What Happened Next.
- Top 10 Things I Really Want To Stop Doing This Year
- Top 9 Reasons The French Language Is More Important To The French Than I Once Thought