The mairie du 7ème, one of the most attractive arrondissements of Paris, is tapping into its huge English speaking community to organize a family-friendly event to promote itself to its foreign residents and above all, to promote the use of the English Language in the district.
Home to many of the major tourist attractions of Paris, such as the Eiffel Tower and the Hôtel des Invalides (Napoléon's resting place), and a concentration of such world-famous museums as the Musée d'Orsay, Musée Rodin, and the Musée du quai Branly (among others), the Mairie du 7ème has seen the rise of English Language over the years.
This year’s English Forum is focusing on a special awareness campaign for Children. Being a necessity in this age, the practice of the English language in our daily lives must be promoted in different ways. That’s what Rachida Dati (Mayor of the 7th) and her entire team at the Mairie du 7ème have been working on.
The 2016’s English Forum in the 7ème arrondissement will take place on the 18th May 2016 from 1 to 7pm at the Mairie on 116 rue de Grenelle, 7eme Paris.
An interesting number of cultural activities for kids is being organized. These include music workshops like Sing-and-Play Surprise for 5-10 year-olds, a quiz on English culture, with loads of prizes.
The Institut de l’Alma will sing English songs at around 15h, and the American Church in Paris is going to give a concert from 18h- 19h.
Rachida Dati, Mayor of the 7th district. Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons. Attributions: Simon Kirby
Sign up and meet a few of the following institutions:
STANDS from 13:00 to 19:00
● Mona Bismarck American Center
● Audio Language Training Method
● Speaking Agency
● Association The English Speaking Union
● The American Church in Paris
● Les Ateliers du Bac
● Lennen School
● The American University of Paris
● Expats Paris
Based on attendance rate for the three previous editions, this event has always been well-attended and the feedback about the Fair, both informal and formal, has been very positive, and the event usually fulfills its goals and objectives.
More on the English forum of the Mairie du 7ème to be found right here.
Do you want to receive some awesome articles about the joys, challenges, and lessons learned from expatriation adventures in Paris every week?
Don’t worry, you can unsubscribe at anytime.
- 7 Top Things That Make Paris Museums Unique
- Top 9 Reasons The French Language Is More Important To The French Than I Once Thought
- A selection Of New Measures In 2017 Every Parisian Expat Should Know
- Expatriates Magazine: The anatomy of a Free Publication for Expatriates in Paris
- FUSAC: The Anatomy of the Then Print (and Now Web-based only) Paris English Speaking Sponsored Content Magazine.
Latest from Admin
- An expat’s guide to accessing public and private healthcare in France
- Loving an Alien: How does it feel to fall for a “foreigner”? PART 2
- Your Definitive Legal Guide To Hiring Staff In France
- How to See the iconic sights of Paris whilst working up a sweat, with a Free running tour
- Bernie's Paris: How Linda Spalla wrote a love story of hope and light as she followed her Frenchman to Paris